Sunday, June 26, 2011

Copenhagen > Amsterdam

6/24/11
I am going to reserve judgment until I’ve had more time to bike in Amsterdam, but after I’ve having spent a week in Copenhagen, I’d have to say that I like traffic signals. Copenhagen is more my speed, just as I prefer Eugene to Portland and Chattanooga to Nashville.

It’s good to be with the group and hear everyone’s perspectives – the architects pointing out elements of the city that blend into a fabric for me, people comparing Amsterdam to other cities they’ve visited.

Floating community gardens in the canal?

A street for people – cute little people. Dual purpose. Eliminate traffic in front of the school. Create a space for children to play, in a city where space is limited.

Cool wayfinding signage

Lots of bikes have crates here.
For more pictures, go to my web album.

No comments:

Post a Comment